GO DIRECT TO THE ONGOING PROACT CAMPAIGNS
help to cover PROACT’s costs
THE BIRDS, THEIR HABITATS AND THE STILL INTACT
NATURAL WORLD NEED SUPPORT!
PROACT PROVIDES YOU WITH A WAY TO HELP.
WHAT IS ‘PROACT’?
Proact is a non-political, independent and voluntary organisation committed to coordinating and monitoring support for selected environmental campaigns in Europe and its periphery; and ultimately, through our national and regional coordinators, worldwide. Our prime, but not exclusive concern, is the conservation of birds and their habitats.
In Autumn 2000, following the nominal success of ‘La Petition’ against an extension of the hunting season in France, a mail campaign was organised against the efforts of the Italian MEP Michl Ebner to circumvent the European bird protection directives.
The success of this relatively limited and rapidly organised campaign encouraged me to set up a mechanism for concentrated, well-researched and limited conservation support campaigns with the emphasis on birds and their habitats in Europe and its periphery.
The scope and nature of such campaigns can best be appreciated by visiting the CURRENT PROJECTS
OUR AIM IS TO…
To initiate, rally, coordinate and monitor support for selected environmental campaigns or problems in Europe and its periphery and eventually worldwide.
…IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ‘PROACT PRINCIPLES’
– Campaigns will be primarily concentrated on threats to birds and their habitats. Collateral benefit for other organisms and habitats will almost always result.
– individual campaigns will be limited in area, time and scope for maximum impact. Supporters will be kept fully up to date with developments
– campaigns will be based on case analysis and research; close coordination and cooperation with environmentalists on the spot is a ‘sine qua non’.
– ALL OF THE ABOVE CAN -AND WILL BE REVIEWED – IN SUPPORT OF AN URGENT CAUSE
– ‘rat-tailing’ on chain letters or bulking out of global campaigns, however worthy, is no part of Proact.
HOW DO I SUPPORT PROACT?
- best of all by joining the PROACT TEAM!
- the start of a new PROACT campaign will be publicised via a short mail to birding and other lists inviting support.
- details of the campaign, with regular updates, will be published on the web.
- make use of our tips so we can all increase our effectiveness.
- you can also keep bang up to date by subscribing to the service
Thanks for your attention and future support,
David Conlin’s Facebook Profile
MORE PROACT INFORMATION
[Useful information and links]
Proact – Conservation & Hunting Links
Includes links to the European Union Bird and Habitat Directives
Proact – Sponsors, Partners and Members Sites
Ecological Consulting Sydney
A collection of useful links and banners
WHO OR WHAT IS PROACT?
In July 2007 almost 890 Team members in 72 states from all 5 human inhabitated continents in the PROACT TEAM; hundreds of other supporters for individual campaigns and the PROACT COORDINATING GROUP
COSTS (nothing’s for free)!
Although I try to keep running costs to a minimum, some Internet and postal charges are unavoidable. I finance PROACT exclusively out of my own pocket. Please help a little by using the one of the AMAZON links below for your online shopping.